Monday, February 2, 2009

We are in China

We are in Beijing! After many hours of traveling (too many to keep track of), we are here! The flight from Minneapolis to Tokyo was very long. We read, watched movies and ate a couple of times. Once we reached Tokyo we switched planes and headed to Beijing. Our hotel is beautiful, the Beijing Peace Novotel. We will be touring tomorrow morning early - our guide is nice and very informative. Of course, Chris is already having a hard time understanding him. We need to get some good sleep - sleeping on the plane is very uncomfortable.
In a week we will have Emma!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea and Chris! Glad to hear you arrived safely and have a nice tour guide.(even if you can't understand him too well-lol). I got a hold of your mom already(she was having breakfast with Donna)and let her know that you arrived in Beijing. She was happy to know you arrived safely. Aunty has been looking up the different touring places that you will be going to.How interesting! My favorite is the Hong Kong Disneyland site! Well, you guys have a good time and get some rest. And cont. to have a safe journey. My love and prayers are with you! All my Love, Aunty Judy Elkington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great News. I will run and tell Grandma that you made it, she's been worrying of course. Hope you get some sleep and enjoy this time.
    Love Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you are in Bej..... and only 3 hour plane from Emma!!!! Enjoy your site seeing, next week will be amazing!!
    Love, Auntie Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you made it safely! Have a fun week exploring! And you will get used to the tour guide chris.. Once you get the accent down. Get lots of rest!
    Love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear you made it safe and sound. Not long now and she'll be in your arms. Get all the rest you can because I'm sure Em will want quite a bit of attention.

    Good luck and we'll all be thinking of you. By the way, I'll try to intercept those Hollywood calls and tell them that they sould have signed you earlier when they had their chance. It's too late now, right?

    Tom P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to know that you are safely in Beijing! I thought of your long journey often during the past weekend. Send pictures if you can! We're all so excited for you!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emma and all, help me sing REALLY LOUD now..."Happy Birthday to YOU..dear Grandma Winone..Happy Birthday to you!".. Glad you are all well, be careful. Take loads of photos, have FUN..RELAX.. Before you know it you will be HOME (we are waiting). Love, Aunty Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're so glad you made it safely! Now just have fun exploring Bejing. And I'm sure we don't have to remind Chris to take LOTS of pictures to share! =)

    Love, Shannon and Brian

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so precious....we can't wait to see her back in Minnesota.

    Congrats,

    Kathy & Tim

    ReplyDelete