Today is our final day in Beijing. We went to the Lama Temple and Beijing Zoo. The pandas were wonderful. We saw a total of 12 pandas. Many Pandas were moved to Beijing because of the damaged earthquake region.
The Lama Temple was very interesting. Many people were there praying and burning incense.
We had a shorter touring day. So this afternoon we spent some time in the local shopping area. I found a pair of Levi's for Chris - $100. Can you believe that? Needless to say, we didn't get them, Herberger's has much better sales.
We repacked our luggage due to China Air's luggage restrictions. We can only have 1 checked piece each and 1 carry-on. We accomplished it - we love the back pack (thanks Joel & Emily!).
We are anxious to get to Nanning - we will see Emma soon! Tomorrow afternoon we will be meeting one of the families we will be traveling with during the adoption process. We will meet the other family on Sunday.
Enjoy Laskiainen! (A Finnish sliding festival in Palo, MN)
You saw a lot of pandas! Thats pretty neat!$100 for jeans?? That is kind of crazy! Have fun traveling tomorrow! I will be thinking of you as you travel!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Nicole
$100 for Levi's?? You should have hit the sales before you left Minnesota and done some SELLING over there -- could have paid for part of your trip! LOL
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are great, I'm so glad you're able to share them. We love travelling with you -- if only in spirit.
Have fun meeting the other anxious parents-to-be. Soon you'll be comparing toddlers and milestones.
Love You Lots!
Shannon and Brian
I am starting to feel a little stockeresque... followint you every step of the way! Ha. At first I thought you were crazy for doing this blog page during such a busy time, but now I see how great this is not only for your family and friends but for you to look back at to remember how amazing this all is! It truly is amazing! Pauls and my warmest wishes and safe travels! I look forward to the next update.
ReplyDeleteSincerely, the Stocker a.k.a Gwyn
Hi kids! Your mom is here right now so I can show her how to comment back to you guys.Again...great pics and great hearing from you. Love,Judy Elkington
ReplyDeleteTried to do this before going to town this a.m. but flubbed! YES we are all following you and having a ball doing so. Glad all has gone so well and pray it continues. NO dance at Laskiainen this year..durn. Get double shift tomorrow, Jen & Harry are not coming up due to weather problems. Jim & I do their shift and ours..boohoo! Do have fun, love the photos..and YOU 2 also!! Aunty Judy & Uncle Jim
ReplyDeleteFriday Night Hockey Update - Gophers lose to Wisconsin 3-2 and Wild lose to Nashville 2-0. Hope Chad does better at the basketball game at the Laskiainen! Can hardly wait to see you with Emma! Take care... love Shari
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the great updates! I still get tearey eyed and goosebumps knowing that you only have 2 more days until you get to see, hold, kiss, hug and love up Emma! I continue to think of you and Chris daily! Best wishes! Love you!
ReplyDeleteKori