Monday, February 9, 2009

The Moment We've Been Waiting For

Introducing our precious daughter - Emma Kay - Hua Jiang Guo (chinese given name)

Our First Family Photo

She was placed in our arms at 3:15. What a moment! She didn't cry, she just looked amazed. She was very interested in what was going on in the room.

She is quite active - she is crawling and standing. I weighed her on the scale in our bathroom 7.9 kg (17.38 lbs). I am sure the clothes I brought 9 mos and 12 mos will fit her fine. The 12 mos pants will probably be too long.
We were back in the hotel around 4:00. Chris went to Walmart with the others to get formula and rice cereal. When he returned he worked on paperwork for tomorrow's appointment. I was the lucky one and stayed with Emma. She is wonderful. He did get to play with her a little. She was very tired. She had a 3 1/2 hour ride to get to Nanning. She was fighting to stay awake. She fell asleep at 7 :30 and is still sleeping peacefully.
We can't wait to bring her home for everyone to meet her!

26 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! Sh is so adorable!! So glad this day came for you! I can't wait to see her! Lots of love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mommy and Daddy,
    You all look so wonderful together. This is why you were put on this earth - to be Emma's parents. I am quite teary now - cannot quite see. Your Mom called me last night. I figured that I would wake up at 1 am to do a quiet celebration but i did not. But all of you were the first thing on my mind at 4am. She is just beautiful. She looks little. I am glad that she didn't cry. See, she intuitively knew who her Mommy and Daddy were. Give her a big hug and kiss for me. I love her already, too. Missing all of you, Auntie Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely adorable! The pics are precious and my desktop picture will be the 3 of you, get it, the 3 OF YOU!!!! What a dream come true! Congratulations MOM & DAD!!! Love, Auntie Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words cannot describe how beautiful these pictures are. It is wonderful to finally see you all together. Meenah and Eryn got up extra early to come online and see if there were pictures and are so excited!

    Thank you so much for keeping us all updated. Enjoy each other and take it all in.

    Love,
    Jess, Ry, Meenah and Eryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!! Thank you for sharing this incredible journey with us. She looks beautiful and you two are glowing. What a little dolly.........Love Auntie Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos say it all...you are in love!! The one of Emma sitting in Andrea's lap is sweet and the one of Chris and Emma looking at each other is precious! We are SOOOOOOO happy for you that this loooooong expected day has finally come.
    We love you!
    Collee, Jim and Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How awesome! It brings tears to my eyes. Such a precious family picture! Can't wait to see more and meet Emma Lintula!

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. What an amazing blessing. We have been checking the blog day and night and are thrilled for you! Give Emma a big squeeze from us. Much love to you all in this amazing transition time! Love, Emily and Joel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise the Lord! What a blessing! Your faces show us the meaning of happiness. Thank you for the pictures, that we will cherish and of course, share with others. Hope all keeps going smoothly.We are so proud of you two. Love, from Uncle Larry and Auntie Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! As the others have said, what a wonderful blessing and continuing best wishes for a smooth trip.

    Kristin from Duluth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris and Andrea,
    We are all watching and sharing your experience here from the Land Department! We are so happy for you and so glad to be able to experience it through this. Emma is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!!

    karen z and other folks at LCO

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL...really BEAUTIFUL..looks like all is AOK...Love, Aunty Judy & Uncle Jim--and GiGi
    (my Mom) so Emma has a GREATGRANDMA too..hence GiGi (much easier to say)...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes I was right, Auntie did need kleenix! I'm so happy for you all! She is just adorable, and Andrea, she looks so content sitting on your lap, like it was meant to be.And the pic of Emma and Daddy-how sweet!Daddys adore their little girls and this pic says it all! I love you all and can hardly wait to see you all.All my love, hugs and kisses, Auntie(and now Great Auntie also)Judy Elkington

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to the family, baby girl!! What a wonderful wonderful day for you! We can hardly wait to see you ALL together (not just in pictures!)
    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratulations! she is beautiful! Can't wait till meet her! but we promise to not rush her so we make her nervous! have a safe trip home!
    Love,
    Auntie Janet (nicole)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great pictures. She is adorable. Love your look Chris on the picture of just you and Emma. What a wonderful time for all 3 of you. She is so lucky to get such great parents. Enjoy every minutes with her kids are so precious and wonderful. Love Cousin Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Lintula's 3!! These are wonderful family pictures -- it loooks like you're so comfortable and have always belonged together. Emma's a beautiful little girl, and I can't believe all that hair. Hold her tight and never let go!
    With Love,
    Dora

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah! The day has finally arrived! I am so happy for you - yes, Chris your's and Emma's picture says it all! Enjoy the time together in her homeland and then hurry up and bring her HOME!
    boy I can see the scrapbook flurry now!!!!

    Hugs and congrats!!!!!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a precious gift from the Lord! She is beautiful; the joy and blessings of this precious indescribable moment! We will be waiting to see all of you. Love, Mel & Norma Haugen (Janelle’s parents)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pictures! Your family is precious! Enjoy the time together!

    Kori

    ReplyDelete
  21. You made it! We never truly thought this day would come, did we? Well,dreams do come true! And they are more precious than we imagined! Emma. Your baby Emma!!! She is beautiful! What a beautiful family!
    With Love and Joy!
    Gwyn and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pictures are SO precious -- but I keep having trouble focusing on them because my happy tears get in the way! You all just look like you were meant to be a family. Can't wait to give that precous little girl a hug. Love you guys!
    ~ Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is so beautiful!! I am so excited for the both of you. I got goosebumps just seeing the pictures and reading about your first day with Emma. I love the picture of Emma looking at Chris, it brought tears to my eyes.

    I can't wait until you guys are home so I can meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mommy and Daddy,

    I was talking to Jayne on my way to work this morning and she said to check out your blog. Emma is so beautiful. I know how you feel...I felt the same way you do on March 15, 1977...the first day I got to hold and care for Mike. He was 17#s and the same size is Emma. He did drop to 13# 2 weeks after being in the US. Jayne will fill you in on all the things we did that worked very well to get his little body in sinc with his new home and life. Your daughter was waiting for you...just you. It took three years to get Mike too. I am praying for your safe trip home and can hardly wait to meet Emma. I have a perfect gift for her and her parents. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  25. Emily says - She's cute! I love her hair! SHe wonders when she can meet her!

    She is absolutely adorable!! I am so happy for the three of you! Like everyone else I am very teary eyed! What a little blessing you two have! The family picture is great! Have a safe trip home. Love - Nikole

    ReplyDelete
  26. Chris, Andrea, and Emma,
    Now the family is complete! The picture of Emma looking up at Chris is just so sweet, and she looks so peaceful sitting on mommy's lap, yes Andrea, I said mommy. Doens't it feel amazing. We were looking up the blog while working on the kid's homework, so the were all around me when I opened it up and saw all of the pictures. We were all oohing and awwhing, and I had tears in my eyes. We are so, so happy for all three of you. Our hearts and wishes are with you as you continue your family journey. All our love, Penny, Robert, Luke, Alan, and Leah

    ReplyDelete