Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Last Day in Guangzhou

Today was our last day in Guangzhou. We started the day shopping. We wanted to purchase a couple more items before we left China. We went to the US Consulate this afternoon. We had our swearing in ceremony. It was at 4:00. There were about 3o families partaking in this ceremony. Emma received all the necessary paperwork to become a US citizen when we land in the US. She will be a citizen once we get off the plane! We were not aloud to take any pictures!

Tonight we had to say good bye to our travel mates. They are wonderful families. We have truly enjoyed our time together. We will miss them! We hope to remain in contact with them through email and maybe even a visit. Laura grew up in Mankato, so they do come to MN at least once a year.

We are off to Hong Kong tomorrow morning. It is a 2 1/2 hour train ride. We will be in Disneyland tomorrow afternoon! We may not be posting for a while.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all the paperwork being finally finished! Good luck traveling to Hong Kong! I'm sure a train ride won't be that bad for Emma... And i know you are excited about disneyland! Have a great time with her. I'm sure she will enjoy it. I know you will! We will all be excited to hear about Emma's first experience with Disney! I hope she likes it because when she gets home there will be a lot more of it!! :-) She will learn to love it like Chris did!!
    Love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so happy for you guys! All the paperwork is done and now you are free to leave with your daughter and have Disneyland time. Say hi to Micky and Minnie, Oh and Goofy, too!!!! Love, Auntie Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well with your travels back to the states. She will be so loved by so many of us here. I gave my Mom an update on your blog. Can't wait to see the 3 of you. Love Cousin Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. To our peoples,

    Some exciting news for your flight home! At least part of it anyway.

    On behalf of Northwest Airlines (now a part of the New Delta unfortunately), a ton of movie selections have been made available for your trip from Hong Kong to Tokyo to enhance your Disney experience :)

    101 Dalmatians
    The Jungle Book
    Peter Pan
    Toy Story
    Cars
    Finding Nemo

    Unfortunately it's the same boring stuff on the long flight over the ocean as it was on the way out, but hopefully it will be sleepy time for that one.

    Love you guys,
    Jess & Ry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys! Just have to tell you-I've been showing some of the blog to this gal I work with(she's from Makinen)and she is in awe about all of this like we are.(see what Emma can do to people-lol)When I showed her some of the pics I printed out, she asked"Do you think they would bring Emma here(where I work) sometime so I could see her too?" And then she said"I know she has to get adjusted, so not right away, of course." I thought that was so cute! She's a very nice lady. She knows who Jim and Judy are too. And , of course, this Auntie would love that cuz I just want to show that beautiful baby off to everyone! Love and kisses and hugs to you all,Auntie Judy Elkington

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think Emma will get tired of all of us just "looking" at her~she is so precious. It is going to be really hard to let her get adjusted to her new home--and not going to fun stuff EVERYday! Soooo, who is the lady I know? Oh well, everyone will be nice and not rush her..that would be terrifying to her. All I know is YES, we are ALL excited and madly in LOVE with her!! the other Aunty Judy

    ReplyDelete