Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back on-line!


Sorry for not posting. We have been adjusting to being home! It took Emma almost a week to adjust to the time change - she had many restless nights. Now she has slept through the night 3 times! Hopefully we have started a wonderful habit! She is adjusting to being at home. We are seeing many more smiles every day. She enjoys playing with her toys and has started to like a couple of stuff animals. We have even been able to read a couple of bedtime stories. Emma has gone to church, visited both of our offices, and has enjoyed the piano students coming for lessons.
She had a doctor appointment at the International Clinic in Minneapolis. It was a very thorough appointment. We are lucky to have such a wonderful resource in Minnesota. We will be seeing a local physician but felt it was necessary to attend the International Clinic to get baseline data and advise.
Tomorrow Chris goes back to work, which will be another adjustment for all of us. We have loved being together the past two weeks.
Here are some pictures from the past two weeks.
Emma with her parents and Great-Grandma Eva

Emma with her Uncle Chad. Uncle Chad loved her shirt.
Emma loves to look at the Precious Moments curio cabinet. She is learning to look and not touch or bang anything on the cabinet.

Emma enjoying a ride in her car seat. She has been enjoying the rides more and more.

5 comments:

  1. Little Emma is such a doll! I love the pic of her peeking in the cabinet. It is so typical of a child to be so curious. I can hardly wait to see her. I hope when I do, she will let me hold her, if even for a few seconds...cuz I just want to give her a big Great Auntie hug! Hope to see you soon Emma! Love and Kisses from Great Auntie Judy Elkington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Its a new post! She is such a doll!! So cute and well adjusted.. Chris, you will look forward to that smiling face and the little toddler running to you and saying "daddy!!" After you get home from work.. One thing to keep you going at work! Good luck back at work!
    love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute!! I'm glad that she is adjusting to all of the changes at home. Addison has a couple outfits from the same line as Emma's red dress. I can't wait to see you and meet Emma. We'll have to plan something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Auntie Mush and Uncle Chris!
    Emma is so adorable! All of my friends at school think Emma is the cutest thing in the whole entire world! Me and Miranda both have a pic I took when we were at your house as our cell phone wallpaper. I think that I should bring Emma to school and share her in person. Don't worry you can come too! Does she like to listen to the piano music? Well, if she does she will like to listen to me and Eryn at the piano recital in May. You are coming right? I'm glad she is adjusted to the time difference. Since daylight savings I have been confused and that was just 1 hour. 14 hours would be way worse. I just want to ask some more questions. Does Emma like to play with the toys we got her? Does she still like the one with the panda in it? When you put her to bed does she go to sleep right away or stay awake? Love you all lots and peace out!
    Meenah :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Auntie Mush and Uncle Chris,
    I just want to know when you are coming to our house for a sleep over. And I have a couple more questions. Has Emma watched any Disney movies yet? What is her favorite bedtime story? My teacher said that Emma is a cute little thing.
    I love you and I love you Emma!
    Love, Eryn

    ReplyDelete