Ok, we need suggestions of what we should do while on the 12 1/2 hour flight to Tokyo. Then we have a 3 1/2 hour flight to Beijing. I am not worried about keeping busy on the flight home - we will have Emma to do that for us. Last night we were with our wonderful friends, Jess & Ryan. They had some suggestions for Chris - they were quite entertaining. What do you suggest for us?
Packing - great to get it all into one suitcase. However, it may be easier to have 2 lighter suitcases and pack some of each of your clothes into each suitcase - in case one gets lost. A tip inside a suitcase I bought said to roll your clothes to prevent creases. I aLways take a few "necessities" in a carry-on.
ReplyDeleteTravel - Can you play movies on your laptop? Take a few, even one or two Emma may be interested in. Take books and puzzles - I like Soduko - and music. You can check out books on CD from the library; also a new kind that is small, the size of a flat battery; you just need earphones. Drink liquids and get up to walk around every hour or so.
Have a wondeful, safe journey. Blessings to you and your new daughter, Emma.
Diane
Grandma and I have gone over your schedule and we both think that you should both use the long flight to catch up on your rest and sleep!!!!! You are going to be busy!!! Thanks for the updates as I print them out for Grandma to keep up on what's happening. She is very exciting and we will review your daily schedule. I'm going to go to the library and look for a book on China with some maps so we can follow. She was very excited as one evening last week their Evening Activity was on China so she shared your story and she can hardly wait to have Emma here to show her off to the other residents! Have a safe journey and we will be thinking of you each day of this great adventure!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAll our love, Grandma and Auntie Shari